Cover by Jackie Williams
After the Chicago White Sox defeated the Minnesota Twins in a one-game playoff to take the American League Central pennant, manager Ozzie Guillen said if he wrote a book about the year, he’d call it,
“How the Hell We in (Expletive) First Place?”
White Sox Outsider 2009 explains How the Hell It Happened, from the end of the disastrous 2007 season, through the gulag of September and the American League Divisional Series against the Tampa Bay Rays.
White Sox Outsider 2009 includes:
- A thorough, detailed account of the season, retelling the most crucial developments and strangest stories month by month, and spinning it forward with in-depth essays.
- A journey through the transaction log, explaining the reasoning and result of every move the White Sox made, major and minor.
- Profiles of the White Sox’s 40-man roster, breaking down their 2008 seasons and previewing the year ahead.
- A recap of the year on the farm, taking stock of White Sox prospects and the 2008 draft class.
- Eulogies for members of the 25-man roster of the 2005 World Series team, and proper send-offs for the rest of the now-former Sox.
White Sox Outsider 2009 is fully indexed for easy reference, making it a resource to use for years to come for any White Sox fan.